Georgia DOT Awards more than $33 Million in Construction Contracts in March
Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) awarded 16 construction contracts for statewide transportation projects totaling $33,058,613.
The largest single investment, worth approximately $6.3 million, was awarded to Everett Dykes Grassing Company, Inc. This project includes 10.18 miles of milling, inlay and plant mix resurfacing on Interstate-16/State Route 404, as well as shoulder rehabilitation on State Route 29 overpass to State Route 56 in Treutlen County.
The second-largest contract, worth slightly over $3 million, was awarded to C.W. Matthews Contracting Company, Inc. to mill, inlay and plant mix resurface 5.37 miles on State Route 22 on SPUR from east of Barbara Road to south of US 80/State Route 22 in Muscogee County.
Both contracts above along with nine other resurfacing contracts, represents 75 percent or slightly over $24.9 million of the awarded funds. The remaining 25 percent, or $8.1 million, is allotted for bridge construction and safety projects at various locations throughout the state. Safety contracts include construction of a roundabout, shoulder rehabilitation, signage, and pavement marking upgrades on various roadways statewide.
The March awards bring the total construction contracts for Fiscal Year 2021 to $1.15 billion. This total includes TIA, Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, and locally administered projects. The fiscal year 2021 began July 1, 2020.
Award Announcement list (includes two rejected projects). Bids for Design-Bid-Build projects were received on July 17 and contracts were awarded to the lowest qualified bidders on July 31. To view a list of lettings by year, please visit: https://www.bidx.com/ga/lettings.
Information on schedules, lane closures, and detours will be available in advance of construction activities taking place.
Contractors and consultants, including Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs), registered small businesses and veteran-owned small businesses interested in bidding on projects or performing work must prequalify with Georgia DOT. To learn more please visit: http://www.dot.ga.gov/PS/Business/Prequalification/PrequalContractors.
Publication courtesy of Metro Atlanta CEO – May 3, 2021.